Friday 14 June 2019

5 mountains and 1 big birthday part 5 Achmelvich 16/05/19

On the day of my birthday, on my way back from the showers, I was wished happy birthday by a couple of fellow campers, I had no idea how they knew, that is until I spotted our tent that Lesley had decorated while I was away for my shower, hard to miss the flags, she had even brought cards and birthday cake too, a great start to the day . Our walk for the day was from Achmelvich Beach along the coast to Altan'abradhan Cove. It wasn't the sunniest day of our holidays but it was still good to see the white sandy beaches along the way. We did pass an old ruined meal mill which was built around 1760, with mill wheels still to be seen.

Our tent with birthday flags

The meal mill

Mill stone with the groove for the wooden post still very visible

Me in the cove

Lesley in the cove

Looking out to sea towards Stornoway with three canoeists having just arrived and parked up.

Achmelvich Beach

The view over to the Summer Isles on our way back to the Altandhu campsite

No comments:

Post a Comment