Thursday 29 December 2016

First Corbett climbed, Ben Vrackie 29/12/16

Trying to make the most of the holidays and the mild weather, I decided to head up to Ben Vrackie, parking in the carpark up from the Moulin Hotel above Pitlochry. Dry and very mild weather to start with, peeling off layers as I went until two thirds up the steep incline above Loch a' Choire, the icy wind dictated layers being added again. Thankfully I had taken my Yaktrak grips for tackling the knee deep snow to the 841m summit. A quick couple of photos at the cairn and trig point, with an eye on the incoming fog bank I decided to head back down to the Loch for my tea and pieces, a quicker wander back down to the car still in great weather considering the time of year. A 3 hour walk in total, hard work but a great sense of achievement.

                                                                  Ben Vrackie in cloud

Loch a' Choire



Loch a' Choire

Pitlochry in the distance

Pretty deep snow


841m Summit cairn and trig point



Almost knee deep snow


No comments:

Post a Comment